Translate

sabato 2 marzo 2013

Before and Afterlife


We started in the suburbs of smaller cities
And as we followed the nomadic call
Our nobler instincts led us further from
Society’s center, westward, to a cabin hoisted
Aloft on faulty foundations far above the Napa Valley
Where the rain soaked earth shifted beneath us and trees caught
Like kindling smoke clouds ripening
A vintner’s sun
But part of us refused to follow
Material distractions beckoned, rallied
Snagged, we’d return to the cities on day trips and long weekends
Self-aversion, anonymity found only in
The midst of bricks and mortar, the
Hustle of strangers
We were worldly people after all
But the haze of the rural, the agents of pollination,
Clung to us, sparked like hayseed halos in the western sunlight
No one let on they’d noticed
But we saw, we knew

I watched my parents as they stood in a crowded Euston station
Up fresh from the country, suitcases at their sides
Waiting on my arrival, illuminated
In an otherwise sea of grey
Not of this world
We were tempted back repeatedly
Until the lure of the cosmopolitan
Lay beyond reach
We moved east, into the forests and mountains
Where life’s desires tore us apart
How cruel to find oneself alone at that altitude
At what point did the fear of numbers set in
And the recognition of internal isolation place us outside of belonging?
But then wasn’t that always the case, weren’t we simply
Allowed to forget?
On Temple Mountain I threw down a rope that others might follow
No one came.

David Sylvian

Click here 



VELVET
GOLDMINE
(David Bowie)


You got crazy legs,
you got amazin' head
You got rings on your fingers
and your hair's hot red
You got the width of my tongue
name on the sun
I clutch you close to my breast
Cause you're the only one,
who uses school to pleasure
You make me act real gone,
you make me troll along
I had to ravish your capsule,
suck you dry
Feel the teeth in your bones,
heal ya head with my own
Why if I don't have you whole,
is that your final love?
Here all together

CHORUS
Velvet goldmine,
you stroke me like the rain
Snake it, take it,
panther princess you must stay
Velvet goldmine,
naked on your chain
I'll be your king volcano right for you
again and again
My velvet goldmine
You're my taste, my trip,
I'll be your master zip
I'll chop your hair off for kicks,
you'll make me jump to my feet
So you'll give me your hand,
give me your sound
Let my sea wash your face,
I'm falling, I can't stand
Oooh! Clutch your makeup!

CHORUS
Oh! Shoot you down, bang bang

CHORUS
(hum) Velvet Goldmine (repeat)
MINIERA D'ORO
VELLUTATA
1
(David Bowie)

Hai delle gambe da pazzi,
una testa formidabile
Hai anelli alle dita
e capelli rosso fuoco
Conosci bene la mia lingua,
il nome sul sole
Ti stringo forte al petto
Perché sei la sola
che usa la scuola come piacere
Mi fai agire da innamorato,
mi fai canticchiare continuamente
Ho dovuto rapire la tua navicella spaziale, succhiarti completamente
Sentire i denti nelle tue ossa,
curare la tua testa con la mia
Perché se non ti ho tutta
è il tuo ultimo amore?
Forza tutti insieme

RITORNELLO
Miniera d'oro vellutata,
mi investi come pioggia,
Muovila come un serpente, prendila,
principessa pantera devi rimanere
Miniera d'oro vellutata,
nuda sulla tua catena
Sarò il tuo re Vulcano solo
per te e per sempre
Mia miniera d'oro vellutata
Sei il mio gusto, il mio viaggio,
sarò la tua energia primaria
Ti raserò i capelli per piacere,
mi fai saltare
Così mi darai la mano,
mi darai il tuo suono
Lascerai che il mio mare ti lavi la faccia,
sto cadendo, non resisto
Ohhh! Tieni stretto il trucco!

RITORNELLO
Oh! Ti faccio fuori, bang bang

RITORNELLO
(hum) Miniera d'oro vellutata (Ripete)

Note
: 1 Forma gergale non più in uso per definire l'organo genitale femminile.
gabriel moreno laura

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento